Sunday, November 15, 2009

Minolta SRT 101


























Minolta SRT 101
35mm film
Interchangable lens

My very first camera was a Minolta SRT 200. It was my 16th birthday present. The SRT 200 worked great for about 15 years. The one thing that sticks out in my mind is its durablity. Here's an example - I was 18, sneaking in the house past curfew. I was at the top of the stairs, thinking I got away with it. I accidently dropped it. I watched in horror as it hit every step to finally land on the tile floor below. I thought for sure it was broken, but it wasn't. It was good for another 13 years. So in memory of that great camera, I got this one as its replacement. I am just as happy with this one as I was it the SRT 200. Took it on my honeymoon to Ucluelet/Tofino BC.



No comments:

Post a Comment